Hello, my name is Lisa
I’m a strategic senior leading working hard to build a more humane and just future, sparking civic leadership and building capacity to making meaningful change. I’ve got 10+ years experience driving high-profile strategic initiatives and public engagement campaigns through thoughtful strategy, heartfelt storytelling and building civic literacy. I have launched leadership programs, worked to advance gender equity, fought for positive politics and created a healthier, more liveable urban landscape.
Growth and contribution are two of my guiding principles: I love working with others towards a shared vision, managing through collaboration, community and fun. I’m interested in both rebuilding broken systems, as well as creating environments that enable personal reflection and meaningful action. What sparks my inspiration is turning compassionate thought into meaningful action. I love building movements that are geared to build a better future, and I use a big toolbox to get that job done.
I believe that leadership happens in the everyday. I believe in quiet reflection and principled action. I believe in deep, structural system change, as well as deep personal transformation, and that these two things are mutually interdependent. I believe that the work of social justice is deeply personal and deeply political. I believe that those who felt like outcasts of a dying culture are architects of a new world.
Speaking & Workshops
- Gender and Governance Forum, G(irls) 20
- Advocating at City Hall, 1UP Toronto Conference
- Healthy Neighbourhood Forums (5 events across each neighbourhood cluster across Toronto’s Downtown East)
- Public Engagement Session on Housing 2020-2030 plan, City of Toronto
- Women in Politics Campaign Bootcamp, Equal Voice
- Communications & Media Relations Training, Women Win TO
- ONCivil Society Speaker Series: Women in Politics, Toronto Public Library
- Design Thinking for Public Engagement, Civic Hall Toronto
- M.A. Communications & Culture from York and Ryerson University (2014)
- B.F.A Studio Arts from Concordia University (2011)
- 300-hr Advanced Yoga Teacher Training Certification
- Yin Yoga & Mindfulness Teacher Certification
- ACUMEN+ Adaptive Leadership: Mobilizing for Change Training
- Reaching In, Reaching Out: Anti-Oppression & Trauma Informed Yoga Teacher Training