Thank you for visiting my website. This place is mostly a portfolio of projects that I’ve led over the last several years and highlights some of the work I do at the intersection of strategic communications, engagement and city-building.
I bring 12+ years of experience leading creative and effective communications campaigns, building strong relationships with key stakeholders across community, government, and civil society, and leading teams towards a shared vision. As Chief of Staff and Director of Community Engagement for a downtown Toronto City Councillor, I managed a full portfolio of community engagement activities on a wide variety of local planning projects. This included transit expansion, neighbourhood revitalization, parks and public realm redesign, and more. I facilitated workshops and townhalls with thousands of residents, created innovative pathways for participation, and championed best practices in digital consultation.
Growth and contribution are two of my guiding principles: I love working with others towards a shared vision of what’s possible, managing through collaboration, community, and joy.
Some highlights include:
· Declared housing a human right in Toronto’s 2020-2030 Housing Action Plan
· Led movement to successfully establish the City of Toronto’s first-ever Gender Equality Office
· Increased the City’s shelter capacity by 25% by opening up 1,000 shelter beds
· Led public consultation with 500+ residents and 100+ senior leadership staff across 12 divisions of the City of Toronto to successfully create the landmark Downtown East Action Plan
· Brought Equity Responsive Budgeting framework to City of Toronto’s $13.47 billion budget
· Co-founded civic leadership program Women Win Toronto to increase diversity in politics
· Collaborated with the Indigenous Affairs Office in creating North America’s first-ever Indigenous Centre for Innovation & Entrepreneurship
I’m drawn to managing teams for a lot of the same reasons I’m drawn to communications and design: it is a deeply human endeavour where I can create the conditions for a group of people to flourish together. As a leader, I bring a coaching philosophy. I approach hard conversations with grace. I build common bonds. I am sensitive to the unique lived experiences of people and I aim to make sure my team feels appreciated. These are no clichés, they are the foundations of leadership: vision and values.
Speaking & Workshops
- Digital Public Consultation & Community Engagement Series, Civic Hall Toronto, 2020
- Gender and Governance Forum, G(irls) 20, 2019
- Healthy Neighbourhood Forum (5-part community forum) Councillor Wong-Tam, 2019
- Community Engagement: How to Navigate Toronto City Hall, 1UP Toronto Conference, Summer 2019
- Housing as a Human Right: HousingTO 2020-2030 Public Consultation, Summer 2019
- Communications & Media Relations Training, Women Win TO, 2017
- Gender & the City: Equity Impacts of Municipal Services, Councillor Wong-Tam, 2017
- Women in Politics Position Primer: Civic Tech Series, Take Back Your Tech, 2016
- M.A. Communications & Culture from York and Ryerson University (2014)
- B.F.A Studio Arts from Concordia University (2011)
- Yin Yoga & Mindfulness Teacher Certification (2019)
- Reaching In, Reaching Out: Anti-Oppression & Trauma Informed Yoga Teacher Training (2019)
- 300-hr Advanced Yoga Teacher Training Certification (2017)
- ACUMEN+ Adaptive Leadership: Mobilizing for Change Training (2015)
- Indigenous Cultural Competency Training (ICCT), 2016
Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign), Certified NationBuilder Expert, CallHub, WordPress, MailChimp, Constant Contact, CSS, and HTML.