World Expos are massive public exhibitions focused around a central theme that allow countries to come together in the same physical space. Canada’s history as a Expo leader is well established – Montreal Expo ’67 and Vancouver Expo ’86 are two of the most successful World Expo events to date. In the fall of 2014, along with public and private sector leaders, embarked on a mission to bring the Expo World’s Fair to Toronto, Canada in 2025. We grew a massive movement with support across sectors and developed both a strong business proposition and a uniting vision for what Expo 2025 Canada could mean for the country – and the world.
Devised a comprehensive communications strategy and led a 12-member committee in the production of all communications content for the Expo 2025 Canada pre-bid movement.
Created storytelling strategy rooted in principles of urban renewal, inclusion and belonging, and reconciliation; created and published content to support this vision. Visit website.
Produced all brand collaterals for print and web, including graphics, website, press releases, promotional videos, testimonials, and op-eds; solicited articles from industry leaders; wrote key messaging for media interviews. View marketing brochure.
Designed and facilitated workshops and public consultation events to gather feedback, build momentum, and inspire civic contribution; created calls-to-action for public involvement in the planning process.
- Managed all media relations, including high-profile press appearances, statements, op-eds, and public letters; liaised with local, regional, and national news (some experts below).
Worked with city-builders across public, private and non-profit sectors to advance the Expo 2025 Canada initiative; managed endorsements. View full list of supporters.
Watch Official Expo 2025 Canada Promo Video:
Work sample: Developed “It’s Canada’s Time to Lead!” creative concept, script, and production schedule; led Communications Committee in the production and promotion of the video.
Read Excerpts from “Expo 2025 Canada: The World Needs More Canada”:
Work sample: Wrote, produced, and oversaw the design and printing of the full-colour 28-page marketing brochure for public, private and government stakeholders. View full brochure: “Expo 2025 Canada: The World Needs More Canada”.
- Expo 2025 bid in Toronto supported by majority of Canadians: poll, Global News
- Toronto City Builders Debate Bid for Expo 2025, Urban Toronto
- A Toronto Expo 2025 Bid Would Confirm That Canada Is Back, Huffington Post
- Trudeau ready to “explore next steps” if Toronto 2025 Expo bid made, Global News
- GTA Toronto still discussing possible Expo 2025 bid, Toronto Star
- Expo 2025 bid receives strong support, ConstructConnect
See High-Profile Endorsements:
Work sample: Collaborated with city-builders across public, private and non-profit sector to advance the Expo 2025 Canada initiative; solicited, managed, and arranged final sign off of high-profile endorsements. View full list of supporters.