TEDxTheAnnexWomen is a collective of women in Toronto driven to turn ideas into action and create a supportive and collaborative community. A TEDx is an independently organized TED event, allowing communities to utilize the TED brand while contributing unique programming. In the spirit of ideas worth spreading, TEDx is a program of local, self-organized events that bring people together to share a TED-like experience.
- Envisioned and directed two annual TEDx conferences: co-developed vision, concept and themes; produced detailed work back schedule; oversaw all operations and led team meetings. Visit website.
- Led volunteer recruitment to build team of 10+ organizers and 20+ volunteers for day of event; assigned roles and responsibilities; led call-for-speakers and secured top talent.
- Created all conference communications materials including website, flyers, signage, promo graphics, program guides, press releases; co-ordinated print production.
- Secured in-kind sponsorship from Whole Foods, Chatelaine, Rogers TV, Munk School of Global Affairs, Urban Mode, and more; wrote and designed sponsorship deck; ensured sponsorship recognition.
- Managed day-of logistics, including volunteer assignments, registration, set-up, speakers, A/V, catering and more; served as official spokesperson for the conference.